Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Wangari Believes In Herself

My name is Wangari Vivienne. I am a twelve year old girl who live in a Kenya. I have lived in Kenya my whole life. I am the last born in a family of three children, and the only girl. I am in class seven Malezi School in Langata, Nairobi. My second brother is two years older than me and the first born is seven years older than me. My parents were both born in Kenya but they have been to different parts of the world. My mother is a lawyer and my father is an electronic  engineer. My hobbies are playing tennis, table tennis, skating and swimming. I play instruments like the piano, guitar and bass drum. One of the sports I always wanted to try is surfing and abseiling. I went to Malezi School so that it would be easier for me to play tennis next door at Sadili Oval Sports Academy. I am the only under twelve girl in Sadili and in the third highest group called OZONE. I am ranked number 2 Under 12 and number 3 under 14 in the Tennis Africa Cup. Although I play other sports I prefer tennis because it enables me to travel the world and get a scholarship. I have been playing tennis for ten years and have no intention of stopping. Playing tennis has also helped me meet famous people like Serena Williams. My first trip out of Africa was to Florida in America and my second trip was to London in England. Tennis has helped me think big and wide. As I meet new friends I learn more about their culture. Tennis has taught me to work hard to achieve my dreams. My dream is to become a heart surgeon or a top tennis player. I don't mind blood and sweat to get there, I actually find it quite interesting. I love tennis and that is why I want to be a great tennis player in the future. I know that I am really good at it, and I can achieve my dream as long as I stay committed.

No comments:

Post a Comment